Average cost for trimming = $200-$500
Best/cheapest price for trimming = $75
Price range for removing = $150-$1500+
Average cost for removing = $200-$500+
Best/cheapest price for removing = $150
Related Guides: Tree Removal Costs, Tree Trimming Costs, Stump Removal Costs
As with any other kind of tree, the total cost to remove or prune a palm tree depends on several different factors. Before doing any additional research, remember that the utility company should be contacted if the tree is dangerously close to power lines. Although not ideal, this could potentially save you a lot of money if you don’t have to pay for it and the utility company will remove the palm tree for you. Learn the important considerations regarding palm tree removal and trimming costs below.
Palm Tree Trimming Costs
Although it’s possible to trim or prune a palm tree yourself, it’s safer and easier to hire a professional company to do it for you. The amount that you’ll pay will depend on a few important factors including:
- Palm Tree Height – The taller the palm tree is, the more you’ll pay to have it trimmed. Palm trees that are 30 feet tall or shorter will cost between $75 and $400. The ones that are 60 feet or taller typically cost between $200 and $1,200.
- Condition of Palm Tree – If the tree is trimmed regularly, it will be cheaper. If it’s been a long time and the tree needs a lot of work, it will cost more.
- Emergency Work – If you require emergency palm tree trimming services, you can expect to pay at least $250 per hour.
- Travel Pay – You’ll also have to pay more if the tree trimming company has to travel from out of the area.
Palm Tree Removal Costs
Palm tree removal costs depend on several different factors, but the most important indicator of price is typically the height. As with trimming a palm tree, the height of the tree has a huge impact on how much you will pay:
- Up to 30 Feet Tall – $150 to $450
- Between 30 and 60 Feet Tall – $200 to $950
- Between 60 and 80 Feet Tall – $400 to $1,100
- Between 80 and 100 Feet Tall – $1,100 to $1,500 or more.
These prices generally include cutting the palm tree down to a small stump. In some cases, they may also include cutting the trunk up into smaller sections. You may have to pay extra for that service though.
A few additional items that can add to the total overall cost of your palm tree removal include:
- Stump Removal – If you’d like the stump to be ground away, you can expect to pay an additional $75 to $300.
- Rope Down the Palm Tree – If the palm tree grows dangerously close to a building or other obstacle, it will need to be roped down in sections. This will add significantly to the bill.
- Haul Away Trunk – To have the trunk sections hauled away as well, you could pay up to $350 more.
- Mileage – Palm tree removal companies usually charge for travel and mileage when they have to come from outside of the immediate area.
Although the costs of palm tree removal and trimming may seem high, it’s well worth it to have the work done by a professional contractor or arborist. Trying to cut down or remove a palm tree yourself can be dangerous not only for you but for others, especially if you’re not knowledgeable or aware of the risks. Trying to trim a palm tree yourself, while a little less dangerous, still leaves the risk of the tree suffering and potentially dying due to bad trimming techniques.
I have a 16 foot 8yr old palm tree which I hate to Kill by cutting it down . It is a beautiful tree but do to a recently installed service it needs to be removed. I don’t want to pay a lot and the tree is healthy and could be sold if removed properly. Would like a quote on the price or would you be willing to remove the tree and resell it as part or all of the cost of removel????